Jul 8, 2011
Shower nap
We had a rough night last night.
Brady took a later than usual nap while we were out to dinner with Brian and Desiree in Orange County and he slept all the way until we got home...6:30 until 9. I knew I was in for trouble.
He finally went back down around 11pm (2.5 hours later than his normal bedtime) and proceeded to wake up every 2 hours before waking up for good just after 5:30 (2 hours earlier his than normal wake time).
Luckily Ryan woke up at 7:30 and sent me back to bed. I slept until 9, when Brady came in to eat and then he took a 1.5 hour nap with me. He needed that nap badly, but he woke up VERY grumpy. He was screaming and it seemed like he was uncomfortable. We gave him his reflux medicine and some gripe water, but nothing helped, so I dug into my 'bag of tricks' and decided to take him into the shower. It's hard to get my own routine done with him in the shower, since I'm holding him the whole time, so now I bring his bath seat in and set him in it once he's calmed down. He usually sits there quietly chewing on his hands and today was no exception...except he fell asleep doing it :)
He stayed asleep after I turned off the water and got out. I decided to leave him in there while I got dressed (don't worry, I was only 3 feet away from him and there was no water in there). He continued to sleep until I decided to grab the camera and the clicking woke him up. It was worth it though, he just looked so peaceful! He's gotta catch up on some of the sleep he missed last night, even if that means a little shower nap.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sometimes I feel like I could fall asleep in the shower. What a lucky kid : ) Also, his face is looking a little chubbier... how's the weight gaining going?
Post a Comment