Jan 12, 2008

Friday nights sure are different for us now that we're married. Before marriage, Friday nights were exciting and almost always filled with friends and some sort of activity. We still have nights like that on ocassion, however now, we seem to find great joy in doing absolutely nothing once in a while. Last night was one of those nights. I had been suffering from a migraine all day at work, so I crashed when I got home at 4. By the time Ryan got home at 6, I was ready to get up and make dinner. Turns out I didn't have to, Ryan (the guy who regularly teases me for getting tired at 9pm) crawled into bed for the night!! At 6pm!!! I was shocked, but he had had a long week at work and I guess it really took a toll on him.

After his 13 hours of sleep (!!!), we woke up and got ready for a great day at Disneyland! Ryan's brother Luke took the train down from LA so we could all go together. We don't generally go on Saturdays, so as to avoid the craziness, but luckily it wasn't too bad today. We never waited more than 45 minutes in a line and we got to go on all of our favorites before we left for the day.



This is us on our first ride of the day...the Matterhorn.

Earlier this week, Ryan asked if I would go on Splash Mountain. I hate that ride because I hate getting wet, so I told him I would go next time we were there in the day time (we never go to Disney in the daytime, so I thought I was safe by saying that). Next thing I know, we're their in the day time, and Ryan of course remembered my promise! Here we are about to go on. I made Luke sit in front, thinking that would keep me a little more dry.

This is us going down...I'm the one in the white hood (behind Luke's hand), trying my hardest to stay dry. Sadly, as much as I ducked behind Luke, I couldn't protect myself from the water that sloshed in from both sides of our log and SOAKED our legs.

Luke and I got the worst of it. Our pants were drenched and wet denim is no fun to walk around in. It's cold, heavy, stiff, and flat out uncomfortable. I've now commited to never going on this ride again unless it's really hot out and I'm not in denim! We'll see how that goes.

Anyway, other than the wet part, we had a great time and finished off the night by going to the Golden Spoon grand opening for FREE frozen yogurt. What a great day!

3 comments:

Tiersha said...

I'M SO JEALOUS!! I want to go to Disneyland. Maybe wen the money starts coming in!!

Meg said...

I have the BEST picture from splash mountain. The summer before I was in High School I went with COurtney Ryan Justin Van Dusen Jessica Van Dusen and Aubrey Chapman. We all went on the ride and decided be weird and blow kisses at the camera. I'll have to send it to you when I get to my parents house.... I totally forgot that I still had it until I read this.

Abby said...

I hate splash mountain too....I just hate getting wet jeans!!!! You are a good sport though!!!