Apr 19, 2008

I'm 25...Ahhh!

So, it happened. I turned 25. I suppose I don't feel any different, but it seems like such an ADULT age. Ah well. I just wish my 24 year old husband would hurry and turn 25 too so he can stop teasing me for being so old...

Ryan delivered flowers to my office. My favorite kind too. I just LOVE tulips!!

Along with the Tivo, Ryan got me Juno on DVD. The DVD came with the script also, which is cool. I thought the writing was so fun and witty. I'm anxious to just read it.

We also went to Disneyland for my birthday to eat at the Blue Bayou. I had been DYING to go. I have never been and I wanted to try the Monte Cristo that everyone talks about. Unfortunately, they only serve them at lunch. They wouldn't even make an exception for the birthday girl. My dinner wasn't very good, and they don't have much selection, and the food is wildly overpriced, BUT, the environment was AWESOME. We sat right near the water and I really felt like I was outside. It was incredible.



For dessert, Ryan got me my favorite cake from Coldstone. It's red velvet cake with chocolate ice cream, covered in chocolate ganache and raspberries, then drizzled with raspberry sauce. Mmmm.

---

In other news, my family (The Brisco side, which has always seemed like such a strong healthy family) is not doing too well right now. We're dealing with a hip surgery, breast cancer and congestive heart failure. It's quite a list and has come one after another. Please, keep us in your prayers.

6 comments:

Courtney N said...

Dang that sounds like a great birthday! I have head that the food at the Blue Bayou isn't that great, but you should go for the experience cause the environment is fun. I guess you feel the same way. I am planning a trip down to CA soon so you, Ryan, Luke and I will have to go to Disneyland and get some Monte Cristos!

Annica said...

Hey I wore that blue shirt today. Down East right? Anyways, that cake looks delectible! mmm. Anyways, Happy Birthday!!!!

Anonymous said...

I remember eating that cake with you back in '05 for your birthday. I'm glad Ryan took you to the blue bayou and yeah for your Tivo

Brian, Emily, Charlie, and Lucy said...

First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! And welcome to the "I'm 25 and coping with the grown-up label" club. I started it and need some members:)
I'm so sorry to hear about your family. I will definitely keep them in my prayers:)

Marni's Organized Mess said...

How fun!! I want to do all those awesome things!

Jamie said...

Happy late b-day!