Jun 11, 2008

Co-workers - They did/said that?!

I work with a very odd group of people. VERY ODD! The average age of our office (not including the admin girls) is probably about 65, seriously! These people should be retiring. Anyway, some (who am I kidding, MOST) of the things they say and do are just shocking. Some days I think their quirks are kind of funny, but most days, I wish I could just put a note on my cubicle that reads "DON'T TALK TO ME".

Here are some examples of what I have to put up with on a daily basis:

-A few years ago I got a new haircut. It was one of those cute little flippy cuts and it was very different from the straight boring style I had had before. One of the guys in our office said to me: "Your hair looks crappy, but don't worry, it'll grow back".

-About a year ago, I tried something else new with my hair...instead of straightening it, I scrunched it to emphasise the small amount of curl I had in my hair. My BOSS said: "It must be nice to have a job where you don't have to do your hair every day. You couldn't do that at most offices". To prove that I'm not just blind to my 'bad hair', that same day, Ryan told me that he really liked it.

-Just a few weeks ago, I was telling everyone that Ryan got a snake and that it's something he had wanted for a while. One of the lady's ACTUALLY said: "Well, he must not be getting the things he needs at home. MY husband doesn't want a snake".

Those are just a few of the things people have said that shocked me. People in this office also DO things that are pretty weird or inconsiderate.

The same lady mentioned above likes to go on strenuous walks several times a day. She comes back sweating and turns the A/C down to 60 something just so SHE is comfortable. She doesn't care that the rest of us didn't run a mile and are shivering away. When we adjust the A/C or tell her we're cold, she tells us that WE should go for a run.

And last but not least...

This one just happened today:

I just went out and bought a bunch of food for the office. Over the past two days I've found the cracker box sitting wide open. Yesterday, I put a note on the box that read "please close the box when you're done so the crackers don't go stale". This morning, one man went in for some crackers and not only did he not close the box, he pulled the whole bag of crackers out and laid it wide open on the table. THEN(!!!) he dropped some big cracker crumbs on the carpet and instead of bending down to pick them up, he ground them up into the carpet with his shoe, then kicked them around to spread them out.

WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?!?!

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

You work for the inspiration behind "The Office" and for that, I thank you.

Where do you work??

Ryan and Missy- said...

I work in an insurance claims office. It's annoying sometimes, but it is a great job with great benefits AND they let me make my own schedule, which is great for an ever changing school schedule. I can't complain too much...just about the people.

Abby said...

k...seriously the lady with comment about the snake thing?? I must be missing something because last I knew snakes would not help with that anyway. I didn't know that once you got married you had NO other interests??? People are crazy...you poor girl. I have no filter and I am pretty sure I would have to start telling people off!

Marni's Organized Mess said...

O.M.G. I don't know if I could have stayed there through the first comment or two. Wow.

Jamie said...

That's why I love that show the Office because there seriously are crazy people out there... especially in the office! Keeps life interesting...even when we don't want it to be. :)
P.S. I'm sure your hair was very cute. You could be bald & still look adorable.

Tiersha said...

That made me laugh...just how people can be so obvioiusly rude!!!!!!