I don't have a particular story that inspired this blog, but I've just been thinking lately about how lucky I am. And rather than just keep those thoughts to myself, I decided to share them with you.
So many women say that they married the best man in the world. I hate hearing that because obviously, there is no 'best man'. One woman didn't find the BEST man, leaving the rest of us to settle for second, third, fourth, etc. So I'm not going to sit here and say I married the best man in the world. But I will say that I married the best man FOR ME. There's not a soul in this world who makes me smile, laugh or dream more. No one knows me as well as Ryan does. He knows my strengths and he knows my weaknesses and he does all he can to help me overcome them. Lucky for me, some of my weaknesses happen to be his strengths...what a match huh?
There's nothing I love more than spending time alone with Ryan. Whether we're at Disneyland or we're just running errands together I always find myself having the most fun. I wake up each morning and turn in each night thanking my lucky stars that I married him.
I've recently rediscovered an old favorite cd by the Carpenters. I don't usually pay attention to lyrics, but I noticed this song last week and could not believe how well it explained my feelings for Ryan.
YOU'RE THE ONE (Carpenters)
Every night, every day, you're the one I always dream of.
Every line of your face is sketched so plain inside my heart.
You've grown so deep inside of me. You're everything I feel and see,
and you're the one, you're the one I love.
All my life, all my love, I can feel when you're beside me.
all that's right, all that's wrong suddenly becomes so clear.
My heart has overtaken me with feelings you awake in me,
and you're the one, you're the one I love.
Only you could move me enough to believe in love one more time.
All I need to know for tomorrow is that you're mine, mine for a lifetime.
If our friends all around find it hard to understand us,
you and I understand the other one so very well.
And that's what I've been looking for,
so I keep coming back for more,
'cause you're the one, you're the one I love.
You're the one, you're the one I love.
----
Speaking of love and marriage, congratulations to Jared and Bekah who are getting married in a few days! Wish we could be there to celebrate with you!
4 comments:
Awwww.... how sweet.
That was so nice Melissa. Like I have told you before...you guys are such an example to me of a great marriage!!
Oh, you guys are so cute. And I definately agree...a perfect match! Great Carpenters song. I do love my Carpenters!
Awww, Miss, that's such a great post! I'm so glad you two found each other - you're too cute! I gotta round up somebody so we can double one of these days...
Post a Comment