Sep 11, 2008

Wedding season...



I was just looking at my calendar and realized that starting next weekend, we have a wedding ceremony and/or reception to attend each weekend for the next three weeks. I'm so excited!!! Two of them are especially exciting. The first one (Drew and Christina) is for one of Ryan's best friends, so he's in the wedding. We have to/GET to go to the rehearsal the night before. THAT means a rehearsal dinner at the Chart House in Dana Point. I've never been, but everyone says it's fantastic. The last of the three weddings (Jessica and Mike)also has me quite excited. It's in Mammoth. I've never been there before, so that will be fun.

School and work are keeping us both pretty busy, and it's pretty monotonous, so I'm really glad that the next few weekends have given us something to look forward to.

We're so excited for our friends and their upcoming marriages. We've been married for 1 year, 6 months, and 2 days (but who's counting?), so we're no experts, but so far, marriage has been the most fun thing I've ever done. Several people told me that the first two years would be the hardest. I must disagree. There has been nothing hard about being married to Ryan (though I KNOW challenges will come). To me, there's nothing better than spending every day (or in our case, just every evening) with your best friend.

Congratulations friends (though I don't think any of them read this). We look forward to sharing your special day with you next week, the week after, and the week after that ;)

1 comment:

Marni's Organized Mess said...

That IS exciting and Congrats to you on such a wonderful marriage. I hope it's EASY for you FOREVER! :D