Oct 1, 2008

A little of this, a little of that...

Well, we didn't end up going to that movie screening. Ryan had homework. It was all the way in Hollywood, so that would take up gas and we wouldn't get home until midnight or so. So, we passed. We ended up staying in, making cookies, watching House, and I was in bed by 9:30. THAT's my idea of a great night.

---

The cookies I made from allrecipes.com (mentioned here) turned out amazing. Ryan said they might be my best ones ever. Here's the link if you're interested: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Never-Fail-Chocolate-Chip-Cookies/Detail.aspx
I only used 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips, then added a cup of butterscotch chips. So yummy.

---

This weekend we'll be in June Lake (I keep saying Mammoth, I think they're close) for Jessica Van Dusen's wedding. I'm really excited. I just looked at the weather and it might snow on Saturday. That will be quite a change from the 95 degree weather we're experiencing here. I'm DYING. Last night I couldn't sleep at all because I was so hot. Ryan's body is so big it blocks the fan from hitting me. So while he slept like a log, I was tossing and turning. :(

I'm ready for true Fall weather. We got a glimpse of it a week or so ago, but then the heat came back with a vengeance.

---

Ryan's birthday is this Saturday, the day of Jessica's wedding. He's turning 25, finally. I'm so excited to give him his gifts and I hope he loves them. This is the first time I haven't asked him what he wants. I listened for clues throughout the year and I really think I got it right. We'll see.

---

Stomp is coming to the Orange County Performing Arts Center. Tickets go on sale November 9th. I've marked my calendar. This is an amazing show that I think everyone should see. I went several years ago and was blown away.

---

Ryan got a promotion at work. He's gone from tech. support to sales, which I think fits him much better. He's VERY happy about the change. The lucky punk now gets to go in to work an hour later and leave an hour earlier. AND, he may be working from home in the future. I'll admit, I'm a little bitter in the mornings, as I wake up at 5:45 and he gets to sleep in until 8.

---

Two movies are coming out in the next month and a half that I'm really looking forward to. The Secret Life of Bees and Twilight. I can't wait! I've read both books and just LOVED them. The fact that these are both coming out soon makes me feel a little better about the next Harry Potter movie getting pushed back, but I sure wish it was coming out this November like originally planned.

---

Ryan and I are going green...well, a little. We are using a Britta water pitcher instead of water bottles, while at home. We still use bottles for school and when we're on the go, but we've been doing this for a few weeks and have used FAR fewer water bottles than normal. I feel good about that.

---

Well, I guess that's all for now.

3 comments:

Courtney N said...

Hey if you really want to go green then you should get a good water bottle (like a Nalgene). I take mine everywhere!

Anonymous said...

I'd happily take the OC weather. The heat+humidity is insane here. It messes with my skin some of the time. Once I have an oven I'll have to try out those cookies-yum yum. You made me hungry.

Annica said...

Have fun! :)