Our dining table has always been something we looked forward to replacing, but DANG, tables are expensive...at least all the ones we looked at were. So we kept putting it off. Our friend Scott owns a furniture business and we get fantastic deals from him, but we still couldn't justify getting a nice new table...until now. Unfortunately, the cruddy economy has affected him and he's having to close his business. He decided to have one last blow out sale, with the lowest prices he's ever offered (even to friends and family, who usually get an extra deal). So, we checked the website and I just emailed my order...well, I just RE-emailed my order...I changed my mind about 30 minutes ago...here's what I was debating between:
I fell in love with this one the second I saw it. We have a black hutch, so our table has to be black too. This one has the contrast of the stained wood and the black painted wood, which I LOVE. It just seemed PERFECT...until I realized it wasn't square. For some reason, I love a square table.
So then we considered this one. It's square, but I just don't think it looks as nice as the other one. I had to decide what I wanted more, the shape I preferred or the look I preferred...I went for the look. I ordered the first one earlier this afternoon. Then, I went to the website to copy the pics just so I could blog about it and I saw another table that I hadn't noticed before...
This beauty has the contrast of the stained wood and the black paint, but it's ALSO square. It is the exact same price as the one I had already ordered, so I HAD to switch my order to this one. Isn't it pretty?!? And, it seats 8, what a great game table! We only got 6 chairs because it did start to get a little pricey, but even that is more than we have now. We're very excited to finally have a nice dining table and I just can't WAIT to get it!!We're definitely sad to see Scott closing his doors. We had hoped he'd be our furniture guy forever. He has great stuff to offer and since he's a friend, we always knew we were getting a good deal. We even got our bedroom set (see below) and THE BEST MATTRESS EVER from him.
7 comments:
We are getting a new black table for Christmas from my parents! I'm excited since the only peice of furniture that I hate in our house is our table. Happy Shopping! :)
I love love love that last table set. It's so pretty! I can't wait until we can get a nice table. They are expensive! Our problem is that our apartment is so small and the set up doesn't really allow room for a table. I know, weird. But I love your furniture taste!
I LOVE the furniture! So classy:) Could you send me a link to the website? We are TOTALLY in the market for a TV hutch/entertainment center. I'd appreciate it a ton -- thanks!
gorgeous! I want to get the website address too!
Can't wait to see your new furniture. The pictures look great - all of them!!!
Gee maybe I should go back to school so I could afford new furniture! Just kidding!!
I love the table and the bedroom set! we were trying to find something similar to that but at cheap-e-o Target. Good job you two!
Post a Comment