Dec 26, 2008

After Christmas shopping...

Since Ryan and I haven't been married for very long, we don't have very many Christmas decorations. We've gotten a few things over the past two Christmases, but really, just a few. SO, this year Ryan made a deal with me one day while I was itching to get some more decor. He said if I could hold out with what we have until AFTER Christmas, he would give me a nice budget to go shopping for decorations on the 26th.
So, that's what we did. I woke up early this morning and met his cousin Abby at Target and we stocked up on 50% off Christmas decorations. I got several things, but these are some of my favorites:
The best part about these items is that they were separate from the big 50% off Christmas section, so when we asked if they were on sale, the Target employee said "no". I told Abby I didn't believe him, so I went to the price scanner and it turns out he WAS wrong!! This stuff was all 50% off too. Hooray!!
Next, we went to Michael's for 70% off Christmas decor. I got some awesome pine cone garland for a whopping $2.50 and some super cute topiaries for under $5 each!!
THEN, I really wanted to go to the mall for Crate and Barrel, but I decided to check for the sales online instead and I found that an item I had been watching all season had dropped in price from $40 to $16!! It's a paper mache ornament set and they are brightly painted for the 12 days of Christmas. I just LOVE them!! (Click here to see 'em)
I also got some other cute ornaments, including some fun stuffed felt ones that will be great for when we have kids, since you can't break them.
It's kind of sad that I got all this fun stuff and now I just have to put it away in a box for a year, but it will be so fun to open our decoration box in a year and see all sorts of new things to decorate with! I'm SO glad I was able to wait until AFTER Christmas to do this because I was able to get so much more bang for my buck!!
Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!! We sure did!!

2 comments:

Abby said...

it was so much fun! And those ornaments sound so adorable!! Thanks for letting me come along!!!

Anonymous said...

So where is the snake picture!!!!