Feb 19, 2009

Hey Arnold, HELP ME OUT!

Today I talked to an advisor at school to make sure everything was on track for graduation. It is. I'm set to walk in May, but actually officially graduate in August, after completing my very last class during the summer semester.

My advisor asked why I was taking such a heavy load this semester, as I have 5 courses...and they just happen to be the 5 HARDEST courses in the major.

I told her that I didn't want to end up having to stay for fall semester just to complete one class. You know what she told me? Because of the state budget cuts, summer school might get nixed. THAT means, I might end up being a fall '09 student anyway. I'm very upset about this. She said we don't know what will happen just yet, so I still have hope. Hope that if the summer program gets cut, it won't get cut until summer of '10.

AND, I don't understand why they would need to cut it anyway. Summer school is a rip off. They're not offering these courses for free, ya know. How will cutting them save money?

2 comments:

Marni's Organized Mess said...

:-( That sucks! Maybe they pay teachers more in the Summer, seeing as though it's Summer? I have no idea...

.·:*¨¨*:·.Hep*Hep*Hooray said...

seems like we can't count on Arnold for anything these days...............