Feb 16, 2009

V-Day...

Valentines day was a great day here at that Neilson house. Ryan and I slept in, then woke up to make breakfast burritos. We lounged around until lunch time and then met up with Tiersha and Gracie at Jerry's Dogs...the best hot dog place EVER.


We went to the mall afterwards to see the puppies, Gracie is only 4 so she loves to see the puppies...not that age has anything to do with it. We're adults and we like to see the puppies too.
After the mall, I stuck the brisket in the oven and took a nice long nap. BLISS. Dinner took about 4 hours to cook because I was cooking on such a low temperature. I didn't get to make the cake, like planned because I didn't have enough sugar, and I was too lazy to go to the store to get it. So Valentines day was dessertless.

The dinner turned out pretty good though...I think the meat was a little too soy sauce-y, so if I make this recipe again, I'll adjust the marinade ingredients. I LOVED the potatoes, and luckily we had a lot left over, so we get to enjoy them again.


Can you guess which plate is mine and which is Ryan's? Oh, I just noticed that the glasses are on the wrong side of the plate, don't judge us :)


Ryan REALLY enjoyed the meal...and he doesn't normally wear his napkin on his shirt like that, it was just for the picture...goofball.

Best part of the night: after dinner, Ryan did the dishes....which seems only right, since I cooked. He actually does the dishes a lot, but I just felt the need to document it this time.

He's SUCH a wonderful husband

After dinner we watched a movie (I fell asleep for most of it), then headed to bed. It really was a great day.

Ryan thought it was silly, but I told him we had to take a picture together...it's tradition. So, here we are

We didn't do gifts this year, but Ryan did bring me some potted tulips, which are my absolute favorite flower.

2 comments:

Booya Grandma said...

Its very rare that i would advocate facial hair, but it's weird to see Ryan completely clean-shaven.

Tiersha said...

So cute. Glad to hear your meal turned out well!