Feb 4, 2009

"I" tag

I saw this on a friend's blog a while back and thought it was fun...so here it is.

I am: exhausted. Not just from my current busy schedule, but from several years of working full time and attending school full time. Thank goodness it's almost over, I don't think I can handle it for much longer.

I have: a really wonderful, patient, and loving husband who I can laugh with for days.

I had no idea: coming up with dinner ideas would be so stinkin' hard. Cooking is just not my thing.

I Am: a daydreamer. I dream about my future with Ryan all the time...about us settled in our careers, about us as parents, about us going on trips, just about us doing all kinds of great stuff.

I Think: my shyness has kept me from many great opportunities, but I'm glad Ryan is very UNshy, and I hope our children take after him in that department.

I Know: that I don't come off as the most friendly person. I'm shy, so it takes me a while to warm up to people. More than one friend has told me that they initially thought I was a snob or that I didn't like them when I first met them. I never intend to come off that way, but I'm afraid I won't be able to come up with anything to say, so I just don't even try.

I Want: to be a mother more than anything in the whole world...and a good one, at that.

I Have: not been sick (like flu or cold, stay home for a few days, sick) since Christmas of '07. In general, I seem to be pretty healthy. If I had to guess why, I would say it's because I make sure I get the right amount of sleep most nights. It keeps my immune system strong.

I Dislike: fruit in my dessert. Fruit pies (with the exception of banana, LOVE banana cream pie), streussels, tarts, etc. I like my fruit fresh and crisp. When it's cooked, it's mushy and it makes me gag. I just won't eat cooked fruit. NASTY.

I Miss: living so close to San Francisco. It was so fantastic to grow up so close to it...it's sad that it's no longer a day trip.

I Fear: instability and infertility.

I Feel: very blessed to be surrounded by so many wonderful friends and family members here in Southern California. I only wish my immediate family were closer.

I Smell: burned cheese. I just made quesadillas....fancy, huh?

I Crave: chocolate during a certain time of the month. I always want it, but there are times when I feel like I need it. Today was one of those days.

I Cry: more when I'm watching tv or movies than I do in my own life.

I Usually: try to get to bed between 9:30 and 10 when school's in session...since I have to wake up at 5:45 and I love my sleep.

I Search: Google probably 5 times a day on average. I think things up and need to either learn about them or know more about them.

I Wonder: What my life will be like in one year...will we live in this same condo? Will we have a baby, or be expecting one? Will I be working with my same company or have moved on? Etc.

I Regret: nothing I guess, seeing as how the decisions I've made in the past have lead me to where I am now. And I'm very happy now.

I Love: nights in with Ryan. Popcorn, several episodes of X-Files, and a bowl of ice cream, all while cuddling with my guy...it's perfection.

I Care: about what others think about me entirely too much...even friends and family members that I've known forever.

I Always: get scared when I'm outside alone at night.

I Worry: about everything. But mostly about being severely injured and not being able to raise my kids or live a normal life.

I Am Not: a late night person. If we start to watch a movie after 9:00pm, it's almost a guarantee that I'll fall asleep before it's over.

I Remember: my wedding day like it was yesterday and wish I could go back and relive it once in a while. It was such a wonderful day.

I Believe: that if you work hard enough, you CAN achieve your goals...well, the realistic ones...

I Dance: only when nobody is looking. It's very rare, but there are a few songs that you can't help but move to.

I Sing: to anything I know the words to...and to some things I don't know the words to. That's always a little embarrassing.

I Don't Always: think about what I say before I say it. It gets me into some trouble at work.

I Argue: with Ryan about silly things just to get a rise out of him. In general though, I'm very easy to get along with....I don't like real arguments.

I Write: with a fine point pen. I am very particular about my pens and even label my favorite one at work so people don't "accidentally" take it.

I Win: every puzzle when I play Dr. Mario. It may take me 15 tries, but I'll get it.

I Lose: all tickle fights against Ryan. I'm just not strong enough.

I Wish: Ryan and I could go to Hawaii or somewhere else cool for about a month. We need a nice break from life.

I Listen: to talk radio more than music. I think we have some pretty entertaining DJs in the area.

I Don't Understand: The Southern California lady who just had octuplettes when she's already got six kids, is single, lives with her parents, and is on welfare (so the story goes). I think she's selfish and just had these kids to make money off of them. (She's offering her story for $2 million).

I Can Usually Be Found: In class, in the office, or in bed.

I Am Scared: of failing...at anything.

I Forget: names pretty easily. I can just be introduced to someone and forget their name minutes later.

I Am: happy with life right now, but anxious for the future.

I tag: YOU! Seriously...

This is too long to proof read, so I hope it all makes sense...

3 comments:

Karilyn Carreon said...

that was so neat! i've never seen that one before. So does that mean you and ryan are trying to make a jr. or ms.?

Marni's Organized Mess said...

This is a long good one!
I forget names all the time too. Seriously, minutes after I hear them. It's sad.

Ryan and Missy- said...

Kari, we're not trying yet...but maybe by year's end.