The week before school started, Christina and I drove out to Newport Beach for some Sprinkles cupcakes. She was having a rough week, so we decided the trip was warranted. You might remember THIS post, where I expressed my distaste for Sprinkles cupcakes, but I've since tried the red velvet and actually quite enjoyed it.

(In this pic. notice the guy in the SUV behind me? I was so embarrassed to take pictures of our experience 'cause he was watching us the whole time. BUT I am determined to document life with pictures more, so I did it anyway.)
We really thought that two cupcakes would be easy to eat, but after eating our first, we couldn't bare to eat the other just yet, so we took them home to enjoy later that evening.
---
We decided to be healthy and skip the tram ride and instead walk to the park from the parking structure. Unfortunately, I was wearing my new Vans and my feet started hurting even BEFORE we got into the park. I took my shoes off to adjust my socks and saw that I had FOUR blisters :( I decided to get some thicker socks, in hopes that it might help...BUT, it didn't.

I felt so bad that I was ruining our night, and Christina asked if I wanted to just turn around and go home. I decided to tough it out for at least ONE ride, so we went over to Space Mountain.


When we got to the cupcake shop, we saw that the line was out the door, which we expected after reading many online reviews of the place. Luckily it only took about 15 minutes or so.
Christina and I both wanted a red velvet cupcake, but thought that we should each get another flavor so we could each try something else. They have SO many flavors, including chocolate and peanut butter, banana and dark chocolate, cinnamon sugar, strawberry, and many many more. We decided to try strawberry (absolutely delicious) and the banana and dark chocolate (wouldn't get that one again).
(In this pic. notice the guy in the SUV behind me? I was so embarrassed to take pictures of our experience 'cause he was watching us the whole time. BUT I am determined to document life with pictures more, so I did it anyway.)
That night we came back to the house and watched Juno and then played the Wii for a while. We set up a Mii for Christina and decided to take pictures of us with our Mii to see if there is any resemblance. What do you think?
---
This past Friday night, Ryan got together with the guys for a game night. Christina and I decided to take advantage of a girls night and headed over to Disneyland for the evening.
We decided to be healthy and skip the tram ride and instead walk to the park from the parking structure. Unfortunately, I was wearing my new Vans and my feet started hurting even BEFORE we got into the park. I took my shoes off to adjust my socks and saw that I had FOUR blisters :( I decided to get some thicker socks, in hopes that it might help...BUT, it didn't.
I felt so bad that I was ruining our night, and Christina asked if I wanted to just turn around and go home. I decided to tough it out for at least ONE ride, so we went over to Space Mountain.
AND, that was it. I limped my way back to the tram and we headed home. I'm so glad we have passes and don't have to feel terribly guilty about going to Disneyland for one ride only.
No comments:
Post a Comment