Feb 13, 2009

Valentines plan...

Seeing as how tomorrow is the busiest restaurant day of the year (besides Mother's day), we opted to stay in. We COULD just choose another day to go out, but I've always wanted to have Valentines day on a Saturday so we could enjoy the whole day...so I'm going to make use of it.

I'm going to spend a lot of time in the kitchen, which, if you know me, you know that's NOT like me at all. I've gone to one of my favorite blogs (Pioneer Woman) and gathered a few recipes to try.

Here's what's on the menu:

Brisket, Baby - it's marinating in the refrig. right now

Twice baked potatoes - I LOVE potatoes!! But they're a rare treat for us since they're not very good for you.

Broccoli - cause you gotta add some color to the menu and it's my favorite veggie (thanks to Aunt Cheryl, she got me hooked).

and for dessert....well, I haven't actually decided, but maybe this:

The Best Chocolate Sheet Cake Ever - my family has always made a cake almost identical to this called Texas Sheet Cake, this is just a twist on it.

Anyway, I'm really excited to see how this all turns out.

No comments: