My current favorite restaurant is Nordstrom Cafe. I'm absolutely in love with their tomato soup and chicken berry salad. Lucky for me, they sell their soup by the jar and I can have it any time I like. The salad on the other hand is not as easy to get on a regular basis. I tried to look up the recipe online and was surprised that I couldn't find it. I was in charge of bringing salad to my Aunt Cheryl's for dinner on Sunday, so I thought I'd just try my best to recreate it. I knew the contents of the salad, but the dressing was going to be what would make or break it.
The contents of the salad were: strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, blue cheese crumbles, pecans, and mixed greens. (Nord. Cafe includes grilled chicken, but I omitted that)
The dressing at the restaurant is a berry pecan vinaigrette (YUM!). I didn't have time to try and make anything like that, so Desiree suggested I try store-bought Marie's raspberry vinaigrette. I was nervous, but went ahead and got that one.
I wasn't sure how it would all come together, but turns out, it was DELICIOUS! It was VERY similar to the restaurant version and everyone seemed to enjoy it. It's one I'll definitely make again and again.
(couldn't help but take a picture of the deliciously colorful berries)
1 comment:
I would like some credit. please and thank youuuu. hahaha <3 now we know what to make for dinner AFTER our sprinkles run.
yes.
Post a Comment