Oct 29, 2009

music that gets me through the day...

I've worked at the same office for over 4 years now...doing practically the same thing every day with the same people (some of whom I don't even like most of the time). Needless to say, sometimes it's REALLY hard to get through the work day. I find myself watching the clock and counting down the minutes until I can get home to my husband and actually ENJOY part of my day. Watching the clock, however, only seems to make the work days last longer. The one thing I've found that helps is listening to music.

I listen to Pandora, an online radio website that lets you customize your own "station" with music you like. I have a "Josh Groban" station that plays similar music to his and includes many artists in his genre including Andrea Bocelli, Michael Buble, Il Divo, etc.

After listening for the past several months, I've discovered that my absolute favorite song is "The Prayer" sang by Andrea Bocelli and Heather Headley (of Broadway's Aida). I NEVER get sick of it and will go to YouTube to listen to it a few times in a row if the mood strikes. His version with Celine Dion is ALMOST as amazing, but I favor Headley on this one just a little more. Their voices are AMAZING. It calms me when I'm having a rough day and I just thought I'd share it with you here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7MD7f1MsGs

Hope you like it as much as I do....

No comments: