Nov 8, 2009

Monterey - part 2

After the Mystery House, Ryan and I picked up Rick and Arlene at the airport and drove in to Monterey. We checked out the hotel, walked along Cannery Row, and then went back to get to bed.

Saturday, Ryan and I slept in and then headed down to Cannery Row for breakfast and to go to the aquarium.


We stumbled upon this crepe place and it was UH-MAZ-ING!!! I'm determined to find a crepe place around here that's almost as good.


Ryan thought they were yummy too. He had a turkey, egg and cheese crepe.



I, of course, had to go with a sweeter choice. I had nutella, strawberries, and bananas. Mmmm. Both crepes were the best we'd ever had!


After breakfast, we walked around the block to Cannery Row to get to the aquarium.




Ryan's favorite part about the aquarium is the "touch" center where you can pet the sting rays and touch all sorts of other ocean critters.





Crab.


Starfish.


They had some birds too....ocean birds I guess...


SHARK!


Looks like Dori from Finding Nemo...and I think the striped fish was in the movie too.....


Penguin exhibit.


Jelly fish.


After the aquarium, we met up with Rick and Arlene and took the famous "17 mile drive" to Pebble Beach. The view was phenomenal, but unfortunately a good portion of the drive was covered with a thick marine layer, so we couldn't see the coast for the first bit of the drive.


The marine layer seemed to start burning off right as we got to the famous Pebble Beach Cyprus tree. It was perfect!


See it back there?



The point that it sits on is eroding away, so the tree is being held up by cables and will likely have to be relocated eventually, but it is pretty cool to see out there on that point.



Here you can see that marine layer I was talking about...finally moving out.


See...I told you the tree was famous.


After seeing the tree, we drove up to the Pebble Beach lobby and ate lunch, shopped, and then went out to catch more of the view.


Nice, huh?

Someones dog was enjoying it.


Rick and Arlene in front of the 18th hole.


Pebble Beach lobby.


Ryan watching people play their last hole and wishing he could be playing on Pebble Beach...some day, babe.




After taking the view in, we headed back to the car and went off to Carmel to shop around. I don't think we bought anything, but it was fun to check out the cute shopping area. Finally, after Carmel, we headed back to our hotel rooms to take a nap and then headed off to the Fish Hopper for dinner. Ryan was disappointed with the quality of the crab, but I'm no connoisseur of crab, so I thought it was ok.


The next morning, Ryan and his dad went golfing at Bayonet golf course and while they golfed, Arlene and I got massages in our hotel rooms. It was SO nice to be able to have such a relaxing morning before finally flying home that afternoon.


The entire trip was amazing. We kept busy but were able to sleep in and get plenty of rest, so it wasn't a jam packed/exhausting kind of trip. It was pretty perfect!

1 comment:

Tiersha said...

Wow it's beautiful there. Glad you had fun!