Dec 15, 2009

YOGA



I've been feeling REALLY tired lately...even before I started the crazy schedule mentioned below. Sleep is very important to me, so I make sure I get a full night's rest every night, but I was still feeling very lethargic. I knew I needed to make some adjustments in my life to fix this...especially since I knew how much more exhausting my schedule was about to get.

SO, I started taking classes at a Yoga studio in Irvine with my friend/coworker, Melissa. The two of us go to a class about 1-2 times a week...we would LOVE to go more, but our schedules just don't match up enough. I REALLY enjoy the classes and while I'm terrible at it (compared to most there), I have fun and feel SO good afterwards. My body feels so stretched out and I sleep much better. We've only been doing this for about 2 weeks, so I've been to a total of 3 classes, but I really feel more energetic. It's amazing. I don't have that lethargic/can't function kind of feeling that I was getting so frequently before.

We're on a start-up trial that was heavily discounted, so after the first 2 months, the price goes up a lot...hopefully we can still find the time and money to go. It's working wonders for me :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yoga is GREAT. We used to do it at the RSM Bell Tower once a week. I think the cost came to $10 each class which was an hour long. http://yogawithroz.com/

Abby said...

I LOVE Yoga. I do it at LA Fitness. I get the best night sleep after. If your free trial runs out and you need a place to go I really enjoy LA!!

Rebekah said...

I'm another LOVER OF YOGA! I wish I could go more often. That's awesome that you are doing it and that you have found a nice place to go. AWESOME!