Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful. ~Norman Vincent Peale
***
It took a while, but I'm finally feeling the Christmas spirit. We've just been so busy running around from this to that and I haven't had time to really take in the whole Christmas season. We haven't gone to see Christmas lights, we haven't watched Christmas movies (Until Sunday...we did finally watch Elf), we missed the traditional production of "Follow the Star" this year, and it's clear and sunny here. All of this combined made the spirit of Christmastime come on a little slow for me.
I decorated a while back, but now that it feels more like Christmas to me, I got the itch to do a little bit more last night. I bought a super cute Christmas card holder (pictured above - idea copied from Desiree) at Peir 1 for $10. Then I went to Michael's and got wood cut-outs of the letters N-O-E-L and I decoupaged them with Christmas paper...it's simple, but pretty cute.
I'm getting REALLY excited now. I have 2 more full work days until I can enjoy the 4 day weekend. We'll fly up to see my family on Christmas Eve night and enjoy a late dinner before opening presents. We don't typically open all of our presents on Christmas Eve...usually just one. BUT, on Christmas morning we're going to my brother's house to have breakfast, exchange gifts, and watch the babies open their gifts, so we wanted to open our family gifts before that. Presents will be fun, but I'm more excited to spend time with the girls and see them on Christmas morning. I miss them SOOO much.
We fly back here on Saturday night, so it's definitely a short trip...though, not so short that Ryan and Kevin couldn't squeeze in a golf game...weather permitting. Hopefully while they're out, I can squeeze in some more niece time...or a little mother-daughter shopping time. Both would be enjoyable :)
Once we get back, we'll get to spend Sunday with Ryan's family, which will be fun, especially with Courtney in town. We're so lucky that we'll be able to see both of our families this Christmas weekend...I just wish it would get here already. I'm so OVER work.
Merry Christmas to you all and safe travels!
P.S. SO glad we opted to fly up North rather than drive...the Grapevine is closed due to snow and ice...that would have put a damper on our travel plans.
***
It took a while, but I'm finally feeling the Christmas spirit. We've just been so busy running around from this to that and I haven't had time to really take in the whole Christmas season. We haven't gone to see Christmas lights, we haven't watched Christmas movies (Until Sunday...we did finally watch Elf), we missed the traditional production of "Follow the Star" this year, and it's clear and sunny here. All of this combined made the spirit of Christmastime come on a little slow for me.
I decorated a while back, but now that it feels more like Christmas to me, I got the itch to do a little bit more last night. I bought a super cute Christmas card holder (pictured above - idea copied from Desiree) at Peir 1 for $10. Then I went to Michael's and got wood cut-outs of the letters N-O-E-L and I decoupaged them with Christmas paper...it's simple, but pretty cute.
I'm getting REALLY excited now. I have 2 more full work days until I can enjoy the 4 day weekend. We'll fly up to see my family on Christmas Eve night and enjoy a late dinner before opening presents. We don't typically open all of our presents on Christmas Eve...usually just one. BUT, on Christmas morning we're going to my brother's house to have breakfast, exchange gifts, and watch the babies open their gifts, so we wanted to open our family gifts before that. Presents will be fun, but I'm more excited to spend time with the girls and see them on Christmas morning. I miss them SOOO much.
We fly back here on Saturday night, so it's definitely a short trip...though, not so short that Ryan and Kevin couldn't squeeze in a golf game...weather permitting. Hopefully while they're out, I can squeeze in some more niece time...or a little mother-daughter shopping time. Both would be enjoyable :)
Once we get back, we'll get to spend Sunday with Ryan's family, which will be fun, especially with Courtney in town. We're so lucky that we'll be able to see both of our families this Christmas weekend...I just wish it would get here already. I'm so OVER work.
Merry Christmas to you all and safe travels!
P.S. SO glad we opted to fly up North rather than drive...the Grapevine is closed due to snow and ice...that would have put a damper on our travel plans.
1 comment:
Have a fun trip and don't forget the party doesn't end when you come back from Ryan's parents because we will be there to see you :)
Post a Comment