Dec 28, 2009

New Years Resolutions...

I don't usually do this...I'm not a resolution kind of girl. I think it's silly to wait until a certain date to make a change in your life, BUT, I'm going to give it a try anyway. There are a few things I really want to work on in 2010, so I'm writing them down to make them official and to feel more accountable.

Here they are...in no particular order:

1. Go out and use my camera more. Sure, I took a few classes over summer, but I think the best way for me to learn and remember the tips and tricks taught in the class are to practice them. I want to go out to the beach or other cool places and snap away so that I can better appreciate and understand all of my camera's cool settings.

2. Be a more positive person. I'm a pessimist by nature. Always have been. I think it's one of my defense mechanisms. My justification is this: If I expect the worst, I can only be pleasantly surprised...if I expect the best, I run the risk of being let down or hurt. BUT, I want to be a more positive and a more joyful person. I want to look for the best in all situations rather than dwell on the worst. This is going to be a hard goal to accomplish because I have to kind of retrain my brain, but I'm going to try.

3. Get organized. I know this is a very common resolution, but this is the first time I've used it as a goal. Ryan and I are outgrowing our condo. I'm starting to lose things. I HATE that. Until we have the time and money to look for a new dwelling and move, I need to work on fixing what we've got. That means I need to make a trip to the Container Store...if we have one, get a label maker, and get to work. This also goes along with the previous goal, I need to accept where we are and make it better, rather than just complaining about our lack of space.

So, there you have it. That's what I'll be working on in 2010.

1 comment:

Annica said...

I'm with you on 2 and 3. Everyone at work calls me a "realist" to be nice. Haha. I'm with you on those goals!