Here's the condensed version of the story:
We went on a date, after some probing by Tiersha, but found that we weren't interested in one another. Then we became really close friends and hung out all the time. Eventually, Ryan announced that he was going to Europe for a semester and I realized that I DID in fact like him!
A few nights before he left, we had a surprise farewell party for him

I went to 3 different Target stores to track down this Star Wars shirt so I could score points with him. It kind of worked...we kissed the night before he left for Europe :)

When he came back from Europe 5 months later, we continued our friendship and I really considered him my best friend, we hung out ALL the time and knew pretty much everything we could know about each other. Eventually that friendship developed into more. I took Ryan on a camping trip with my friends to see how they liked him and he passed the test. They loved him. AND, he was able to put up with me for 3 days straight, which proved that he was a catch!

Later that month, I was visiting with my friends in San Diego. Ryan was on his way home from Lake Powell and after that 10 hour drive, he jumped back in the car to drive another hour to see me! That was really the beginning of the end. That's the trip when I knew this was going to go somewhere.

We went to Disneyland a lot while we dated, so it made sense that that's where Ryan proposed. You can't tell from the picture, but Ryan knelt and proposed to me in front of Cinderella's Castle. Hundreds of people were lined up waiting for the fireworks show, so they all saw him do it and they cheered for us. That was fun :)

I went to 3 different Target stores to track down this Star Wars shirt so I could score points with him. It kind of worked...we kissed the night before he left for Europe :)

When he came back from Europe 5 months later, we continued our friendship and I really considered him my best friend, we hung out ALL the time and knew pretty much everything we could know about each other. Eventually that friendship developed into more. I took Ryan on a camping trip with my friends to see how they liked him and he passed the test. They loved him. AND, he was able to put up with me for 3 days straight, which proved that he was a catch!
Later that month, I was visiting with my friends in San Diego. Ryan was on his way home from Lake Powell and after that 10 hour drive, he jumped back in the car to drive another hour to see me! That was really the beginning of the end. That's the trip when I knew this was going to go somewhere.

We went to Disneyland a lot while we dated, so it made sense that that's where Ryan proposed. You can't tell from the picture, but Ryan knelt and proposed to me in front of Cinderella's Castle. Hundreds of people were lined up waiting for the fireworks show, so they all saw him do it and they cheered for us. That was fun :)

And on March 10th, 2007, we were married. It hasn't all been easy, but it's been fun and I wouldn't change it for the world. I love my husband SO much and feel so lucky to have married my best friend!

It's been a great three years...here's to MANY MANY MANY more!!
1 comment:
TAKE THAT PICTURE DOWN!! HAHA
Post a Comment