It's all happened really fast and I'm torn between utter excitement and fear. It all kind of started 6 months ago when I graduated school and was looking in to my certification program. I've mentioned it here before...all the Southern CA schools are impacted with a 2+ year wait list and they're not adding anyone to the lists. There's one school up in Northern CA without any wait. A friend of mine went and said it was great. I've considered going up there, but I couldn't just leave Ryan here. Not possible for at least 2 reasons: 1. I'd miss him. 2. I need to be here working so we can afford our place and our bills, etc. So I put it on the back burner...got another job sort of in my field and went on working. Only problem is, this job is just making me want to go finish the speech program that much more!
Then a few months ago, we decided it would be good for Ryan to switch his schooling to an online option. So now that he's able to do all of his schooling online, we don't feel tied to Southern Ca. Months before that, his company had asked if he'd be willing to move to San Francisco to expand their sales in Northern CA, but because he was still attending classes here in Fullerton, he had to say no.
This all got me thinking. If I need to get up to Northern CA for my certification program and Ryan's company previously wanted him up in Northern CA...would they still want that? We're not tied to Southern CA at the moment...maybe we can go???
Two weeks ago, it seemed like it probably wasn't possible as so many things would need to work out in order for it to happen. As I spoke to my uncle Bill about it, he said "if it's meant to happen, it will happen". Well, Ryan talked to his company and they were still interested in him going up there. They worked out some details and everything sounds good to us so WE'RE GOING.
This should be great for both of us. I'll be able to finally finish my last educational goal (for now) and Ryan will be able to move up and prove himself to his boss and it could be a great financial opportunity for us too, as long as sales go well. I'm especially excited as it gives me the chance to quit my office job, which I've had for 5 years and am SO sick of. It's been a great gig and really it was too good to just quit. But now that we're moving, I have to quit, so it's perfect! It's time to move on.
I really see this as an adventure for us. An opportunity to try something new. I've been kind of bored with the state of things lately, so a change like this is just what I need. We'll also be close to my parents, siblings and nieces, which will be wonderful! I am a little scared, as we're going to have no friends up there...we'll have to create a new social circle and I'm not great at making friends...I'm too shy for my own good. But hopefully it will all work out and we'll be glad we went.
We're hoping to move to the Dublin/Pleasanton area...which is a little outside of the city, but still in easy commuting distance, especially with BART. Hopefully we can find a place in that area...I just have a good feeling about it, like it's where we are supposed to be. I fought it at first...I wanted to live IN San Francisco...but now I've embraced the suburbs and the Dublin/Pleasanton/San Ramon area especially speaks to me. Not sure why.
Anyway, so we're looking at a May 1st move. Hopefully we can get everything in order and find a place out there to make it in time for that date. Wish us luck!
11 comments:
Very exciting! That's great, you guys get to continue moving forward and experience new and exciting adventures. We actually spent a night in Pleasanton during our relocation drive up to Washington, we know where the Wendy's and Jamba Juice are. :)
I like how it's me and Adrian as the first comments. Anyway, exciting news! It's a very nice area. I'd be willing to go there, too. I'm also glad that you'll still be in OC for Tiersha's wedding, so at least we'll get to see you then!
CONGRATS!! That's SO exciting! I am always hesitant to move, but it ALWAYS brings exciting new things, new life-long friends, and new sets of challanges. I'm sure you guys will have a blast up there! You'll have to keep us all posted via the blog. :)
Congrats! I'll come and visit!
I'm so excited for you guys, that's awesome. I'm sure you'll love it!
oops, sorry that is says from "164th ward," but it's me, Tahnee :)
Congrats! It will be a great adventure. Once you're there I'll finally have a reason to visit NoCal.
So fun! I've never heard your story before:) And HOLY COW -- let's talk about what a GORGEOUS bride you were/are! Dang, what a catch!
I'm excited to hear about your move to northern california - Amy is in Dublin and absolutely loves it! Good luck with everything:)
YAY!!!! I'm so happy for you guys! And so glad you finally get to do the program. I'm in socal right now, but am seriously seriously looking to moving to SF.. We'll have eachother.. AGAIN!!! I love it up there. I'm so excited for you!
Katie
Post a Comment