Well, most people got a 3 day weekend, I "got" a 4 day weekend since I was forced to take Friday off because of my eye. I usually have Fridays off, but was offered extra hours to go in last week and was pretty excited about it, so when I had to call out because of my eye, I was disappointed.
I went back to the Dr. for my 24 hour check up and she said my eye was healing nicely. The pain was noticeably better by day 2, but still present. She noticed lots of white blood cells on the abrasion, which is a good thing and a bad thing, I guess. Good because it shows the body has kicked in and is trying to heal, but bad because you don't want too many or you'll have more scarring. I have to go back in tomorrow to check it out and might need a steroid drop. I'm HOPING this is my last appointment. My eye looks a lot better and I actually got the guts to put makeup on today. With that, you couldn't even tell it was still a little red and swollen. It was nice not to look like I'd been punched in the eye. :)
We had a relaxing weekend. On Saturday, we didn't even leave the house (except for my eye apt.). On Sunday we went to my brother's house for a BBQ and I got a little photo-shoot in with the girls, which was fun. Today, we went to my parent's for a BBQ and were able to just hang out and relax. It was really a great way to spend the weekend...especially since I was under strict orders to relax and take it easy to promote faster healing in my eye.
Here are a few of the pictures I got of my two favorite nieces:




1 comment:
HONEY, YOU TAKE THE BEST PICTURES!!
Post a Comment