I'm still feeling pretty good, except I've been getting headaches a lot, which is supposedly a common complaint among pregnant women, so I guess I'll just deal with it. :( I also get cramps a lot and get tired pretty easily. I have to hike 1 flight of stairs to get to my office and it takes me 5 minutes to catch my breath after I get there. It's pathetic.
I'm getting bigger and started to have to unbutton my jeans while sitting at work last week, so I figured I'd start taking weekly pictures.
Here's me at 14 weeks...not really "showing" but I could definitely tell I was getting bigger:
I really haven't felt pregnant at all through this experience. Since I haven't been sick and I'm still hardly showing, it is hard to believe sometimes. But today I looked in the mirror and suddenly noticed, I'M PREGNANT. I finally see a little bump and I can't stop looking at it. Most people probably wouldn't notice it, but I sure do.
So today, at 15.5 weeks...
I initially had cravings for plain cheerios, milk, and peanut butter. While the cheerios and peanut butter obsessions have died down, I still can't get enough milk...which is a good thing (according to the Dr.). I really don't have any other cravings and I have no aversions to anything either...probably because I haven't been nauseous at all (hooray!!).
We have a 3D ultrasound scheduled in 1.5 weeks to find out the sex of the baby. I don't think the Dr. does it until 18-20 weeks, but the 3D places can often do it as early as 15 weeks. I'll be 17 weeks when we go and we're taking Ryan's parents along. I'm very excited. I can't wait to finally be able to shop and make things for the baby.
I've been doing a lot of research on baby stuff, but it's too early to register so amazon has become my best friend. I keep adding stuff that I think I want to my wishlist so I don't forget about it. It's a lot of fun!
I have a Dr. appt. next Tuesday and we'll probably get to hear the heart beat and have another ultrasound. Ryan is coming with me and I'm so excited to share this experience with him.
Anyway, that's all for now.......
8 comments:
Water - through both pregnancies not enough water gave me headaches. Seriously, one would come on, I would drink a bottle of water, and within 30 minutes it was gone. There are lots of things that cause headaches when you're pregnant...but that was mine - so try that =)
Melissa, you look GREAT! I'm so happy for you guys :)
yay!! We are so excited for you! I'm crossing my fingers for a girl :). You're looking adorable by the way.
YAY! I love the pictures -- you are too gorgeous!
OMG! OMG! OMGoodness!! I am so excited for you!!!! I would jump up and down if I didn't have a headache. No really, you are going to make great parents! Congratulations!!!
Wait... so the ultrasound should be here right about now, right? I guess BOY. Just because you wanted to know. :)
Thanks Marni! And, yes, we got it almost a week ago. It's a boy. I just don't have the energy to blog about it yet :)
You look so pretty in these pictures!!! You are going to be a great mommy!
Post a Comment