Sometimes life throws you a curve ball. Just when you think you know how things are going to play out and you know what to expect next, it all changes.
We're moving back to Southern CA. Ryan's company needs him back in their OC office and we need to go where the work is, so after Christmas, we're outta here. It's a bitter sweet deal. I'm happy because I really miss being around friends and so much family. I know a few people who are pregnant down south too, so the move comes with built in friends for our baby :) I've been kind of lonely living up here, so I'm anxious to be able to be around friends again.
BUT, it's not all good: My internship was supposed to start in January, so that's out. I'll have to just jump on a wait list for a school down south and wait a few years to get it done. Also, I'm bummed to leave my parents, siblings and nieces. We moved here with the understanding that it was temporary, but I hoped to be able to at least have my baby up here and share that experience with all of them. Luckily it's not too bad of a drive, so we'll just have to come visit more often. Also, a good friend from college just moved up North this week, so it's a bummer that I'm leaving so soon. We had plans to get together for regular study dates to go over our old class notes, just like we did back in school before exams (our major isn't the type that you can just forget after you graduate, you really need to know this stuff in the field). And lastly, we'll be breaking our lease and THAT's going to break the bank, for sure.
SO, we've got to take some bad with the good, but I truly feel that I'll be happier back down south...which is funny since I was the one pushing so hard for this Northern California move. I guess the grass is always greener...
---
It's Halloween!! I can't believe it's already here. I'm actually sad about it because that means I have to take down my decorations this week. They are so fun! Since we're in an apartment, I don't expect any trick-or-treaters, but Ryan INSISTED that we have candy just in case. He does not want to be THAT house that doesn't answer the door. Needless to say, we've been snacking on fun sized kit-kats and snickers for the past 2 days :)
We're celebrating by watching Nightmare Before Christmas :) Next year, I expect Halloween to be a lot more fun since we'll have a little boy to dress up!
---
At 5 months pregnant it's probably no surprise that food is a major part of my life. I get a lot more excited about food than I ever have before. I probably over indulge and I'm really trying to be careful not to gain tons of weight, but sometimes it's hard to just say no when that ice cream is staring you in the face, ya know?
Anyway, I haven't had too many cravings. In the beginning it was cheerios and that lasted for a while, but I'm over them now. I had a good week where I couldn't think of ANYTHING but cheesecake. I finally made an entire peanut butter/chocolate cheesecake, had one piece and haven't looked at it since. I'm cooking with red meat more and things like lasagna and spaghetti always sound delicious so I'm thinking this baby needs the iron and protein. I also cannot get enough of the Kirkland brand Cranberry/Raspberry juice. I have a big glass of it every day.
---
I can feel the baby move if I touch my stomach now :) :) I've been waiting for this!! It's still very slight, but every so often I get a really good one. Ryan got to feel it last night for the first time as we watched a movie. That was special :)
I'm feeling the little guy move a lot more throughout the day now too. This is just within the past few days. It used to be just a few kicks a day and now I feel him move for a few minutes at a time several times a day. He's getting stronger!!
SOOO, that's all for now. I'll be updating with a new baby bump picture soon...I've been slacking....
2 comments:
Awwwww... Congrats on feeling the baby move! Good luck with your move also. I'll be sending good wishes!
PS. Did you see?
Marni's Organized Mess is on Facebook now!
http://facebook.com/MarnisOrganizedMess
Post a Comment