Dec 16, 2010

Baby Chic

I got a few things for the baby this week and I'm SO excited about them!!

I've been searching for a diaper bag since the day I found out I was pregnant. I HATE the traditional diaper bag and really just considered getting an extra large purse to use. I wanted something stylish and NOT babyish....but also something practical.

Last week while on a date in SF with Ryan, I came across the Bella Tunno bag in The Gap and fell in love! 

It was full price at $80 and I'm all about getting a deal so I took note of the brand name and decided to look it up online when I got home. Turns out, you can't find it for sale ANYWHERE online....AND you can only get them at Gap stores that carry maternity which are few and far between around here...so I knew I'd need to get back to the SF store asap. Luckily Ryan works in the city and was able to pick this beauty up for me today :) Even more luckily, I had a Gap gift card from my baby shower (THANKS JAMIE!!) and a generous backer (THANKS MOM!!!) to cover the rest.
So now I have this beautiful diaper bag that I just LOVE. It comes with a changing pad and extra little bag too.

I ALSO got another necessary baby item this week...a stroller. I've done a LOT of research on strollers. I wanted one that had good general reviews, that looked stylish and not babyish OR gender specific, AND that was good for taller people so Ryan and I aren't hunching over to push our kid around. I decided a while back on the Chicco Cortina Travel System...which is the every day stroller with the car seat

And, since green is my favorite color, I had to get it in grey and green :) This puppy wasn't cheap, but luckily I had a 20% off coupon for Babies R Us and I made and extra $100 from a focus group last week, so that made the purchase sting a little less.
I was so excited when I got it home. Even though we're moving in a few weeks and it makes sense just to leave it in the box, I HAD to take it out to look at it.

4 comments:

Allison said...

darling bag :)

Marni's Organized Mess said...

That diaper bag is so cute and trendy!!

Brian, Emily, Charlie, and Lucy said...

I LOVE the bag! So cute! And we have that same travel system and LOVE it.

Annica said...

I LOVE the bag!