Dec 28, 2010

Christmas 2010

Ryan and I had a really great Christmas this year. We spent the entire weekend with my family, which was nice since we're moving 400 miles away from them in just 2 days.

We spent Christmas Eve at my brother Kevin's home in Lodi. We had a wonderful steak and lobster dinner which is a tradition his late Father-in-law passed on...it was DELICIOUS. We also exchanged gifts with the little girls and it was SO fun to seem them. Ryan picked out Alice's gift (some weird sock stuffed animal that looked like a squid, and a book) and he was very excited for her to open it. We gave Sierra a Hello Kitty purse and flashlight which she seemed to enjoy. Christmas with kids is so fun, I can't wait until next year when we have a little 9 month old to share the holiday with :)

On Christmas day, Ryan and I woke up and exchanged gifts at home. It was actually our FIRST Christmas morning at home...since we've been married we've always been at either his parents or mine on Christmas morning, so I was VERY excited to have a quiet morning at home with just the two of us...for the first...and LAST time :) Next we went to my parent's for brunch and stayed through dinner. We just lounged around the house for most of the day. Ryan and my dad and sister went to a movie while I napped. It was great.

On Sunday we headed BACK to my parent's to celebrate my brother Jon's birthday. He's a Christmas Eve baby (and even came home from the hospital in a stocking 26 years ago). We had Ball Tip sandwiches from my brother's favorite BBQ place called Kinders. We also had a family favorite, Texas sheet cake. Mmmmm.

See....a LOT of family time! But I loved every minute of it.

Ryan and I were very spoiled by our families this Christmas. We got a crib from my brother and Sister-in-Law, a new Crock Pot, a Cuisinart Food Processor (which I am SO SO excited to use), a Kindle (which I think will come in VERY handy while nursing), a flip video camera (to capture all the baby's firsts:), makeup, some cool camera accessories, some jewelry, and other great things. Ryan got some great books, 3 new video games that he's been wanting, a Star Wars Monopoly game, money to get a new set of golf clubs, and some other things that I can't think of.

Brady even got some gifts this year! He got a set of squishy/squeaky rubber blocks and his first ABC book...it's a STAR WARS ABC book. There is a Star Wars word to go with each letter of the alphabet. It is SO funny. I think he got something else too, but I can't remember.

SOOO, that was our Christmas. It really was a wonderful holiday. Now I'm busy packing the rest of our lives into boxes and cleaning the apartment. The Uhaul arrives tomorrow and all this stuff will go into storage for a bit. We hit the road and are South bound on THURSDAY.

No comments: