Feb 22, 2011

38 weeks


I didn't realize how tired I look until I saw this picture....

I follow a fetal development website that gives me a weekly summary of the baby's changes and this week it reads: Week 38: Development is complete. So I made it :) As anxious as I am to have this baby, I'm so thankful and relieved that he's been able to stay in and cook as long as he was supposed to. If I have him now, I would be REALLY happy. But if he takes 2 or even 3 more weeks, that's okay too. We know 3 people who delivered VERY prematurely in the last 6 months or so. All are doing well now, but it is still a scary experience to have to go through, and I'm so thankful that I've been able to hold this boy in long enough to finish his development.

Last night I dreamed that I had the baby this week and he was 7.14 LBS. I would be happy with that. ALSO, in my dream I actually delivered a BABY, not a toddler with teeth like in all my previous dreams. This is the first time I've actually dreamed that I had a tiny little baby, so while it seems normal for most, it's a big deal for me.

As of 38 weeks, I'm feeling as well as I can be, I suppose. My biggest complaint is just how uncomfortable it is to SLEEP. Crawling into bed at night used to be one of my favorite parts of the day, now I kind of dread it. I'm tossing and turning ALL NIGHT LONG. I'm so achy. My next complaint is pelvic pain which started about a month ago. I kept thinking it was just pressure from the baby dropping and must be completely normal, but after doing a little research I've self diagnosed myself with Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (gotta love the internet). It gets so bad that sometimes I'm practically limping and I now have to sit down to put pants or sock on to avoid standing on one leg...it just hurts TOO MUCH. I'm going to mention it to my doctor on Thursday, but it's not like there's a whole lot you can do about it. It sounds like you can get pain killers, but I'm kind of anti pain killers when I can avoid them and this pain isn't enough to warrant putting drugs into my system...especially if it's only going to last for another 2-3 more weeks.

The baby is still moving like a champ and I can't WAIT to meet him.

Anyway, that's the state of things around here. We're just waiting for GO TIME.  :)

2 comments:

Brian, Emily, Charlie, and Lucy said...

You look AMAZING!! Like, I would never guess that you are full term!! You do pregnancy VERY well:) Good luck with everything!!!

Tahnee&Tyler said...

You do look great! I can't wait to see this little guy...it probably won't be until April (when the babes get sealed) but I'm already excited! :)